In case of emergency information
- If someone with diabetes has collapsed and is unresponsive phone 999
- If you need urgent advice regarding your diabetes contact your GP surgery during working hours or out of hours NHS 24 on 111.
- If you attend a hospital clinic you may have an additional contact number for your local diabetes nurses.
Hospital Admission may be required if any of the following happen:
- If you can't swallow or keep fluids down
- You have persistent vomiting
- Persistent high blood sugar levels
- Persistent increasing levels of Ketones
- Abdominal pain, breathlessness
Further Advice is available on the website regarding:
- Treatment of Low Blood Sugar Levels (Hypoglycaemia) click here
- Managing your Diabetes when you are ill (Type 2 Diabetes) click here
- Managing your Diabetes when you are ill (Type 1 Diabetes) click here