Welcome to the My Diabetes My Way Newsletter for March 2019.
Preparing for your Diabetes Appointment
Below are our top 5 tips for preparing for an appointment with members of your healthcare team:
1. Access your personal healthcare records via My Diabetes My Way to remind yourself of your latest results.
2. Print out, or note down any results or goals that you wish to discuss.
3. Be aware of all your medications, doses and when you take them, should you wish to discuss these with your healthcare professional.
4. If you test your blood glucose, upload your latest meter readings or take your meter and/or diary to the appointment.
5. Consider taking a friend or family member along with you for support.
Setting Diabetes 'Goals'
When you log in to access your personal health record on My Diabetes My Way, you can set your own personal 'goals'. Log on, select "My Home Data" and select "Goal Setting". Setting goals is a good way of focusing on specific aspects of your health that you wish to improve. Try to set goals that are realistic, achievable and review and revise these regularly. Sharing your goals with your health care team and friends and family can help provide the support and the knowledge you need to make these positive changes.
My Diabetes My Way Publication
We recently published a research paper documenting progress and analysis of My Diabetes My Way to the end of 2016. Publications like these allow us to demonstrate to our Scottish Government funders that the service is evolving, allows us to document the characteristics of service users and identify areas for improvement. The paper is available as an 'Open Access' article at the following link:
My Diabetes My Way Support
If you are having problems logging in to My Diabetes My Way, or are new to the service and would like an update on the status of your registration, you can contact our support team by email at email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support.