Welcome to the My Diabetes My Way Newsletter for August 2021.
Preparing for Appointments
It may have been some time since you attended a healthcare professional diabetes review appointment. Some things may have changed since your last appointment, so be prepared when they resume.
- Read your appointment letter thoroughly
- Is it a telephone, virtual or face-to-face appointment?
- Have you been advised to attend a screening clinic for bloods/urine/blood pressure check prior to this appointment?
- Contact the number on your appointment letter if you have any questions beforehand
If appropriate to you, think about;
- how often you experience low glucose levels
- how often you experience above target glucose levels
- recording your glucose levels to share with your clinic
- your last eye screening - do you have any concerns about your vision?
- your last foot check - do you have any foot issues?
- any other symptoms or changes in your health you wish to discuss
Write down your questions and make the most of your appointment.
In between appointments you can access free online learning courses at: https://elearning.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk
Diabetes Research Needs Your Help
Diabetes affects one in 20 people in Scotland. We need to improve our understanding of the condition to develop new treatments. To do this, we need to carry out research with the help of volunteers like you.
You can help improve diabetes care by signing up to the Scottish Health Research Register (SHARE). SHARE has been created to establish a register of people, aged 11 and over, interested in participating in health research. If a suitable study becomes available, SHARE will contact you to let you know about the study and what it involves. If you are contacted, you will be given all the information you need, and it will ALWAYS be your choice whether you wish to take part.
Please sign up today to be contacted for future research. It will only take a minute to sign up at www.registerforshare.org or if you would rather be posted a leaflet or would like to find out more, please call 01382 384282/383471 or email email@example.com - the leaflet is free to return.
Facebook and Twitter
Please remember, you can keep up-to-date with the latest news and useful information on the My Diabetes My Way Facebook and Twitter pages.
My Diabetes My Way Admin
Due to the current situation with Coronavirus, it is taking us longer to collect mail, create new enrolment packs and send out registration paperwork for you to access your diabetes records. We are currently processing enrolment packs in batches every two weeks, but we are now happy for you to email us back a photo or scanned copy of your signed form to avoid any further delays.
Help and Support
If you have not yet managed to gain access to your diabetes records on My Diabetes My Way, or would like an update on the status of your registration, please let us know. You can contact us regarding any problems or request further help and support by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support.