Welcome to the My Diabetes My Way Newsletter for October 2016.
Preparing for your Diabetes Appointment
Below are our top 5 tips for preparing for an appointment with members of your healthcare team:
- 1. Access your personal healthcare records via My Diabetes My Way to remind yourself of your latest results
- 2. Print out, or note down any results or goals that you wish to discuss
- 3. If you test your blood glucose, upload your latest meter readings or take your meter and/or diary to the appointment
- 4. Consider taking a friend or family member along with you for support
- 5. If necessary, attend for further tests if requested
Recent Commendation and Award Nomination
On 13th October, My Diabetes My Way received a commendation at the Quality in Care Diabetes Awards in Guildford. This was for the "Digital and Technology Solutions in the Treatment and Management of Diabetes" category. You can find out more about the finalists and winners at the following page:www.qualityincare.org/diabetes/awards/results
Next month, on the 3rd November, we will be attending the Scottish Health Awards in Edinburgh, where we have been nominated in the "Innovation Award" category:www.7daysscotland.co.uk/sites/events
Many thanks for your significant contribution in helping us achieve this success.
World Diabetes Day
World Diabetes Day will be held on 14th November. It is led by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and aims to raise awareness of diabetes each year. This year’s theme is "Eyes on Diabetes", promoting the importance of screening to prevent diabetes and the risk of serious complications. You can read more about World Diabetes Day here:www.idf.org/wdd-index/wdd2016.html
Scheduled System Maintenance
In November 2016, we will be carrying out a significant service upgrade which will affect the availability of My Diabetes My Way. This is currently due to take place on Wednesday 9th November and may take several hours to complete. We will notify you again nearer the time when this is going ahead, and once again when the service is fully operational again.
Thank you for your continued support.
The mydiabetes*myway team