My Diabetes My Way: December 2022 Update
Welcome to the My Diabetes My Way Newsletter for December 2022.
Preparing for the Festive Period
Prepare for the festive break and plan to manage your health. During the holidays keep yourself safe by being prepared:
• If you are taking medication, make sure you have enough supplies to last over the holiday period
• If you are blood glucose or blood ketone monitoring, make sure you have enough test strips and lancets
• The accuracy of blood glucose meters and test strips can be affected by the cold. Avoid leaving in cars or unheated rooms. Store at room temperature
• If you haven’t already, speak to your diabetes team about sick day rules in advance
• Keep well hydrated
• Seek advice from NHS 24 if your condition deteriorates or worsens despite following your sick day rules
• And most importantly, enjoy your festive break while staying safe
Free Online Course for Type 2 Diabetes
MyWay Digital Health are hosting a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on 'Understanding Type 2 diabetes' on 18th and 19th January 2023. On both days there will be a live question and answer session from 6-7pm. The course is available to anyone, no matter where they live, and offers a supportive shared learning experience for anyone living with Type 2 diabetes and those that care for them. To book your place, please visit https://understandingtype2.mydiabetes.com/
Facebook and Twitter
Please remember, you can keep up-to-date with the latest news and useful information on the My Diabetes My Way Facebook and Twitter pages.
Festive Period Support
My Diabetes My Way and myaccount will have limited support cover until Wednesday 4th January 2023. We ask you to please bear with us during this time and we will respond to any emails and feedback as soon as we can on our return.
Help and Support
If you have not yet managed to gain access to your diabetes records on My Diabetes My Way, or would like an update on the status of your registration, please let us know. You can contact us regarding any problems or request further help and support by emailing: email@example.com