My Diabetes My Way: January 2023 Update
Happy New Year and welcome to the My Diabetes My Way Newsletter for January 2023.
Planning for 2023
The New Year is an ideal time to consider personal goals to improve your life for the future. You may wish to improve your diabetes management (see online courses below) or maintain good control. My Diabetes My Way can help you achieve these goals. Studies have shown if individuals with diabetes maintain their blood glucose levels to target, the risk of diabetes complications is reduced.
• Monitor your blood glucose levels if you have been asked to by your diabetes team
• Take your prescribed medication as directed
• Regularly check your feet and choose suitable footwear
• Maintain a healthy lifestyle with an appropriate balanced diet and as much regular exercise as your condition allows
• Attend your diabetes review appointments and screening tests. These visits monitor your eyes, feet, HbA1c (overall diabetes control), kidney function, cholesterol, blood pressure and body mass index.
All of your results can be accessed on My Diabetes My Way once you have registered to access your records.
Free Online Diabetes Courses
Free online courses are available for people with Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational diabetes at https://elearning.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk. To brush up on your diabetes self-management, register a username and password to get going. You can find more information on the 11 courses currently available on our leaflet:
Please note, that eLearning is not connected to myaccount, so you will be asked to create a new account to access the courses. Your myaccount details will work as normal to allow you to access your diabetes records.
Facebook and Twitter
Please remember, you can keep up-to-date with the latest news and useful information on the My Diabetes My Way Facebook and Twitter pages.
Help and Support
If you have not yet managed to gain access to your diabetes records on My Diabetes My Way, or would like an update on the status of your registration, please let us know. You can contact us regarding any problems or request further help and support by emailing: email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support.