Web Resource Last Updated: 27-04-2022
If someone with diabetes has collapsed and is unresponsive phone 999
If you need urgent advice regarding your diabetes contact your GP surgery during working hours, or dial 111.
If you attend a hospital clinic you may have an additional contact number for your local diabetes nurses.
Hospital admission may be required if any of the following happen:
- If you can't swallow or keep fluids down
- You have persistent vomiting
- Persistent high blood sugar levels
- Persistent increasing levels of Ketones
- Abdominal pain, breathlessness