Emergency Advice

Web Resource Last Updated: 27-04-2022

If someone with diabetes has collapsed and is unresponsive phone 999

If you need urgent advice regarding your diabetes contact your GP surgery during working hours, or dial 111. 

If you attend a hospital clinic you may have an additional contact number for your local diabetes nurses. 

Hospital admission may be required if any of the following happen:

  • If you can't swallow or keep fluids down
  • You have persistent vomiting
  • Persistent high blood sugar levels
  • Persistent increasing levels of Ketones
  • Abdominal pain, breathlessness
Leave a review
If you have any questions or feedback about this resource, then please fill out the feedback form.
If you found broken links in the article please click on the button to let us know.
(1 reviews)

Share this page